Monday, November 11, 2013

My Hallowed Weeny Experience

Quite at the last hour before the festivities around Gastown, I got the impulse to go out. I had the brilliant idea that I would take a big brown paper bag, illustrate it with my coloured inks and pencils and make it into a mask. Well try finding a big brown paper bag these days. Used to be everywhere at all grocers etc. So I went home, now even more determined, and used 8 sheets of white paper out of my printer and began my Mickyangelello effort. By the time I was finished I had a tight fitting gruesome thing over my head and the closest I can come to describing it is to compare it to Heath Ledger's Joker in Batman. All raggedy and bloody-faced. I completed this look by wearing my Peruvian jacket zipped right up to the mask and crowned it all with my fedora. Off I skulked to the Blarney Stone where they don't charge me the ticket fee nor allow me to wait in line (my dancing is still appreciated).

When asked what was I? I started by answering "A bedbug" and swept my right palm down my left sleeve and asked in return, "Would you like to dance?" Well that wasn't working out too well, so my later reply was "A Bug" and then I got some dance action while having to re-jig my mask so the eye slits would realign themselves to my eyeballs; and eventually through my more dishevelled eye-slits managed to skulk home again with a few hilarious Boo! memories.

No comments: