Thursday, September 25, 2014

Only the Night Breeze

Only the night breeze sees you
     the way I do. The way I do.
Not even the loneliest star,
The loneliest star
Covets you the way I do.

Only the night breeze sees you the way I do.

You’re my vision come true
Only you know that song
That comes in the night
And only that night breeze
Sings for you the way I do.

Not the loneliest star, the loneliest star
Even all the way from heaven sent
Only the wind at night
      ‘neath that lonely star
Knows what your love to me has meant.

Only we hear that song
That comes on the breeze,
On a night no bluebirds along
Can ever my soul to please
On a night coming with a breeze.

Only that violet breeze at night
Knows what your kiss to me has meant.
Ever since came this private light
When you kissed me, my heaven sent.

Only the night breeze sees you the way I do.


No comments: