Monday, August 21, 2017

Letters Heavenward

Dear Future Self:

Avoid banks and borrowing. Keep the flames of curiosity well stoked. Chase down your education daily. Plunge into that pool of knowing, swim in the love there. Art and healthfulness are cousins; keep them dear. Experience the joy of charitableness while continuity of meaning unravels its mysteries.

Now find that little Revolution Blueprint book in the library and know then that your mission in life is to circulate it. By then, you will cotton to the fact that you wrote it about 20 years ago and that your Righteous Teacher will need you close.

Got it? Good. That's a good boy.

Now...     

Dear God:

Yeah, yeah, you’re busy. But make time. This is important. This is my wish list for my next life. Got a pen?

First off: I want means and wherewithal. I’ve done the poverty gig. (Thanks for that.) Next, you will not burden me with any physical handicaps. (Karma is on my side as you bloody well know.) I will be born in a civilized country with proximity to the Righteous Teacher, for whose words you will endow me with a ferocious appetite to hear; a thirst for knowledge where my undying curiosity may be quenched. I will require inspired teachers at school who will guide me into the House of Knowing where I may abide with charitableness. That’s all.

Oh. And what do you get? You get me – who will rescue this fading planet from the onslaught of radical climate change. And you know I’m good for it. After all: I wrote the book.




No comments: