Saturday, May 02, 2009

BACKGROUND: Seth is our 17 year-old prototype of a brilliant and angry son-of-man willing to challenge God. He goes alone to the riverside and cries out to the heavens... How could you be so mean?

Silence!
Burn my ears no more!


I am.

I am here of the will of the waterfall.
I am the Lord of the fountains, the Rivergod.

You, Seth, have awakened me.
Now what is it you will have of me?

Look! Look! Take a look at this scene!
How could he be so mean? How could he be so mean?
-Seth

Yes I see. Oh I see and wonder I, do I:
Why man, why?

Isn't it nearly beyond belief?
How can he expect from Him relief?

He's the matter with this scene!
He's the master of this scene!
-Seth

Hark! Yes man grieves.
Darker and darker into the house goes he;
By his own hand does he chart his destiny.
Step by step, beat by beat goes the craze;
And onward I sing my melancholy phrase
As though to walk with head bent and eyes aglaze.

I read the mother's grief on every page
And hear the children hoping happy stories untold;
As i sweep by grandly the burial place of the sage
And into his arms my tears I fold.

Wonder little do I
Except, why man why?

I see white birds in a blue sky and watch the deerskins fade,
And in my body the silver beasts they wade;
But then on a moonless night, I hear this man a'scurry
A gritty thing in such a hurry
To relieve himself of the horror he has made.

Yes, man is of life, the immortal soul.
And yes he may be deified.

But as long as he lives like a bat in a hole
he'll take to his breast a witless bride.

But some day soon, some day soon
the white birds will flock and shout
Love is King, hope and power!

On mountains here and there about
Oh hear the wise birds sing!
Calling his name on every hour...
And watch the bees a'swarm and put it on every flower!

Love will easily await its hour
Like me, I roll and wait, wait for its hour.

Oh hear the wise birds sing.
Love is King, hope and power.

-excerpt from Paracletus!

No comments: