Sunday, June 19, 2005

"I am..."


"I am..." Photo and text: R Harry Langen  Posted by Hello

I am the tall yellow grass which makes visible the warm wind delivering the scent of the honeysuckle. And the seeds of that field of strawberries there and the rain which imbues the lake of milk with my spirit.

I am the design of the heavens at night, their perfect wheels marking rhythms and I am the Holy Breath comprising the misty galaxies.

I am the lover of young men and finisher of their fantasies.

See me in the enthusiasm of young students and in the delights of curious girls. Spy me in the intelligence inherent in nature where even the lowly ant has, by my design, instructions for you.

I am the bee others swarm about as they labour to make the nectar for your table. I am the face of a thousand heroes, the trust between friends and the spirit of the winning effort, the perseverance of the man lost in the dark wood and his triumph.

I am the affirmer, that light which reconciles your conduct to the universe. I am the path of heart, the wisdom of the sages and the denial of the iniquitous.

I am the object of desire and the confounder. I am the insight of holy men and the mother's knowing of her child.

I am her milk.

In you I am well pleased. What will you have of me?

-Excerpt from Lightstream, copyright R Harry Langen

No comments: